On September 9, 2005, the Kentucky State Police Professional Association officially broke ground on the new Association Headquarters and Museum. Former Governor/Senator Julian Carroll was the featured speaker. Senator Carrol spoke proudly of the rich heritage and tradition of the Kentucky State Police. The museum will honor the proud past of the Agency and exemplify why the Kentucky State Police continues to be the premier law enforcement agency in the nation.
The building features…
- An 1,800 square foot museum that is free to the public. This museum is the first that is dedicated to the rich heritage and proud tradition of the Kentucky State Police. A historical timeline is presented to include photos and memorabilia depicting the agency’s rich past.
- A Members Lounge – this area is a place where members of the Association can spend time relaxing, eating, watching television, etc. Equipped with high-speed internet access, sworn members can catch up on paperwork in a relaxed environment.
- A Memorial Room and Chapel – this area provides a sanctuary for quiet time to reflect on personal issues and to honor those members of the agency who have given the ultimate sacrifice to the people of Kentucky.
- A Trooper Island Gift Shop – this shop provides items available for purchase.
- A Conference room and meeting space.
- The Association is located at 633 Chamberlin Avenue, Frankfort, KY. Please visit the next time you are in Frankfort.